Friday, April 13, 2007

i am an organ donor. most of the time, i walk around without recalling the option, as i'm sure you do, too. but once in awhile, like for the next five minutes, i remember that i am an organ donor and that none of my organs belong to me as i have already signed them away, and it is a funny feeling. it is not like when i give blood, i even ever think about my blood coursing through someone else's veins and arteries.

in a way, why should my organs belong to me when i don't need them anymore? it is better that a part of me still lives on...that is why people opt to have children. and it is better that someone who needs them to live - when i no longer will - will get that chance. after my mom got a blood transfusion, she no longer craved chewing ice. she also felt that her blood circulation literally became better, even years afterwards. because she, like me, had a tendency to have cold fingers and toes. but now, for her, it is not an issue. i don't know if that means anything because since she has had her blood transfusion, i've stopped chewing ice. i guess it wasn't as fun anymore.

so, all organs considered, it will be interesting to have all my parts removed and distributed. where will they go, who will have them, and why is there still a lack of organs for the living? will they still feel me without me, and will you still find me, and would you go for the heart or the kidneys, the eyes or the liver? it is a funny feeling.
.
20070413:0932
y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home